The Office of Research Policy and Training (RPT) serves as the CITI Program Administrator for Northwell Health and works with CITI Program on how to best utilize the program to meet the required regulatory training needs of Northwell Health researchers.
The CITI Program is a web based training program used to fulfill regulatory, industry, and institutional policies and standards for research training requirements. Courses are available for various topics involving human subjects research, animal research, and biological agent research. In addition, all researchers and individuals responsible for the design, conduct or reporting of research or those serving on institutional research review committees are required to complete the COI course through CITI Program. The CITI Program is used by institutions and facilities from around the world. One of the key benefits of this program is that course completion is transferable between member institutions with occasional updates to ensure that training content is consistent with revisions to regulations. If you have transferred to Northwell Health from another institution and/or are considering transferring to or collaborating with an institution that uses the CITI Program, you may have met the majority of your research training requirements. CME/CEU credits are available for a feee through CITI Program. Contact CITI Program for more information about CME/CEU credits.
NOTE: Each person must have their own CITI Program account and courses are only to be accessed and completed by the person whose name is on the account. Accounts can not be transferred from one person to another – the name on a CITI Program account can not be changed to another person’s name; name changes are only allowed if it is a legal name change for the user.
Accessing CITI Program
- Go to www.citiprogram.org
- New users must register to create a username/password and affiliate with Northwell Health. Make sure you choose the correct institution for affiliation. The IRB office does not accept CITI courses completed under any other affiliation.
- Existing users can sign into your CITI Program account using your Northwell Health universal ID and password. Click on ‘Log In Through My Institution’, and click on Northwell Health to use your universal ID and password. If you see a message that your account is not found, it is because you don’t have a CITI account or you have an account that is not yet matched to Northwell. If you don’t have a CITI account, follow instructions to create one. If you have a CITI account that is not yet matched, follow instructions and use your CITI account username and password to do a one-time match to Northwell. Those who are affiliated with Northwell Health in CITI Program, but are not Northwell Health employees, will continue to log into their accounts using their CITI Program credentials. If an employee leaves Northwell, they will be able to log into their account using their CITI account credentials. Note: Do not remove any affiliations with past institutions or you may have to retake modules that you have already completed.
Training Completion Dates – click this link to find CITI Program training completion dates for Northwell Health. This spreadsheet is updated weekly. For real-time training information, log into your CITI Program account to view your course status, completion reports, and previously completed coursework.
- Contact the Office of Research Policy and Training at RPT@northwell.edu with any general questions such as how to affiliate with Northwell Health, how to add/remove a course, or how to access completion reports.
- Contact CITI Program Support Center at email@example.com or 888-529-5929 if you need technical assistance such resetting username/password or merging accounts.